Thursday, July 21, 2011

Kadhai Paneer and Hot Phulkas (A Killer Combination)

Ooooh it really feels good to blog again. I have been away from the blogging scene for so long that that it feels like it did when I had just started Food-n-More in UK. It was the only thing I could think about . I used to constantly check (like about 50 times a day) to see if there were any new comments and everytime I made something new I wouldn't let hubby or son have a taste of it until I had photographed the dish from all possible angles and was finally satisfied with my amateurish photography attempts. They have always been so sweet and indulgent about it . Hubby has always proudly shown off Food-n-More to all his friends and colleagues and son is so sweet that he has started his own blog in which he posts about the different construction toys he makes. He also calls it by a name similar to my blog . He calls it Struxx-n-More because he wanted something just like Food-n-More. Needless to say that they are both very happy that I am blogging again.


Paneer Kadhai and Phulkas

There have been times when I made food especially for blogging and then at other times I have blogged about recipes that are firm favourites in my house with classic ingredients. A very hot favourite of mine is Paneer. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I love to cook with paneer, so much so that if I am having guests over hubby usually asks me  "So what paneer recipe are you thinking of madam?" And he is usually not wrong in guessing that there will be atleast one paneer dish.

I don't exactly remember when I made this Paneer Kadhai because I cook so often with paneer, but I thought it good enough to share with you guys. Chapatis is another thing I love to make. Whenever we had get togethers in the UK where all of us pooled in and prepared the meal ,chapatis were always alloted to me, or rather I always volunteered to make chapatis. Believe me well made soft chapatis can very often be the show stopper.  So this makes the picture above my all time favourite meal. Delicious Paneer and  soft pliant chapatis hmmmmmm !!!!

Recipe for Paneer Kadhai: (taken from Tarla Dalal and tweaked a bit here and there)

500 gms paneer 

2 cups capsicum (or coloured bell peppers which I have used)

2 tsp coriander seeds

5 whole red chillies

3/4 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)

2 green chillies, chopped

2 tsp chopped ginger

4 tomatoes, chopped

2 tbsp chopped coriander

3 tbsp ghee

salt to taste

For the paste

6 cloves garlic (lehsun) mixed with a little water


Method

1.Cut the paneer and capsicum into cubes

2.Pound the coriander seeds and red chillies together.

3.Heat the ghee, add the garlic paste and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds.

4.Add the capsicum and pounded spices and cook on a slow flame for 30 seconds.

5.Add the green chillies and ginger and fry again for a few seconds.

6.Add the tomatoes and cook until the ghee comes on top.

7.Add the kasoori methi and salt and fry again for a few seconds.

8.Finally, add the cubed paneer and cook for a few minutes.

9.Sprinkle coriander on top serve hot and enjoy it yourself too.


14 comments:

Unknown said...

That sure looks like a killer combination. I would have it everyday if given :)

zobars said...

Boy am I happy to see you back in the blogosphere. I missed your wonderful recipes and your articles. I am happy to have you back.

Rekha shoban said...

colourful paneer!!yummy!

Hari Chandana P said...

OMG, mouth watering here.. looks simply delicious and perfect.. thanks for sharing dear :)
Indian Cuisine

aipi said...

That platter so tempting, love the color and texture and everything and the recipe is absolutely awesome :)

Apu said...

Delicious!! Anything paneer is mt=y favourite too!!

Unknown said...

Oh my god!!! tht's heaven... i love this deadly combination... nice pics... :)

Anupama said...

Hey Zobars, great to see you again too. I tried leaving a comment on your blog but I couldn't just get through

Thanks for coming over Rekha ,Aipi Apu and Hari Priya

Sapthanaa Vytheswaran said...

perfect combo.. looks lovely..

Niru said...

looking out for panner n capsicum combo and found urs...im gonna try this,,as it looks real tempting...very nice...

Uthra said...

wow...ur matar paneer looks so yum...cant wait to try it out..pls give me recipe n tips how u make such soft phulka's. step by step with pics pls...they look sooo soft in the photo.

alkaline food charts said...

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

bubblegum casting said...

love it!

plastikiniai langai said...

its is nice, so sweet!