- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker.
- While the potatoes and cooking, collect all the other ingredients and keep them ready.
- As soon as the potatoes are done, peel them while they are still hot and mash them.
- Mix all the other ingredients in the potato mash while it is still hot . (This is important because once the potatoes cool down they will get awfuly sticky and it gets very difficult to make the cutlets. I can tell you because I have been through it)
- What you have now is a nice non-sticky and easy to handle mixture of potato and all the other ingredients.
- You can now shape them into cutlets
- Coat each cutlet in the semolina and celery mixture.
To bake them: Lay a sheet of aluminium foil onto your baking sheet and lightly brush it with oil. Arrange all the cutlets on to the sheet. Spray the cutlets with oil. In case you do not have a spray. Spoon 1/2 a tspn of oil over each cutlet and bake at 200 deg c until golden. Turn them over once . Use more oil only if required. Your Tikkis(cutlets) are ready.
Eat them according to the Chaat recipe or simply with a sauce and chutney of your choice. They are great when sandwiched between 2 slices of bread too.