Summer this year in England is still struggling to make it's presence felt. What with the torrential rains and floods in so many parts of UK people are really wondering what a normal month of July feels like every year. But there is still hope . The weather is looking up and the worst of the rains are over . I am sure soon all the parks and countryside greens are going to be filled with people taking in as much sun as they can and enjoying themselves to the fullest while it lasts .Delicious picnic hampers will be filled with the most scrumptious of foods . So come on friends out with your best PICNIC FOOD RECIPES and lets all have our own picnic too.
Blog about any such food or drink that is suitable to carry on a picnic and which children and grown-ups all can enjoy. It could be absolutely anything you like . Sandwiches, wraps, smoothies anything. Blog about it by 15th of August and send me a mail along with the permalink to your post .In your mail also include the name of your blog, name of your recipe and a picture if possible.
Readers without their own blogs are also most welcome to participate. Just mail me your recipes along with a photo attached if you have one. My mail ID is firstname.lastname@example.org
So waiting to hear from all of you. Guys this is my first attempt so if I have forgotten to give you any other details jut let me know. Please feel free to use any one of the logos below in your post with the caption Fun in the Sun.
Fun in the Sun
And while you are here would you like to know me a bit better? If your answer is YES then read on and know 7 random facts about me.
When Nabeela tagged me for this meme, my first reaction was 7 is too many. Do I really have those many things that I can easily share with everyone. I wanted to do this meme ,but I could not come up with any such facts. Then I spoke to my husband about it and he promptly had 7 facts about me. In fact some of the things he pointed out were quite funny and some I did not agree with. I was like " No , I don't do that." or "What ! Ofcourse I am not like that ". And this after 10 years of marriage. But atleast it got me started.
So here they are:
1. In my daily routine I set the alarm in my mobile phone at least at 4/5 different times in the whole day. Wondering what I am talking about ? Well ,you see we all carry out our daily tasks in accordance with the clock. So instead of me having to go and check the clock every few mins , I just set an alarm, so the clock itself reminds me as to what time it is and what I should be doing then. Still not clear. Let me elaborate further: The first alarm I set is for my son to wake up. The second is for him to finish his breakfast and come up to get dressed. The third is set at 10 mins before it is time for us to leave for school. He needs those 10 mins to put on his socks and shoes and collect his bookbag and lunch case. The 4th alarm is set 15 mins before the time I go to collect him from school. This comes particularly handy when I go grocery shopping and have my hands full with bags and stuff and cannot keep looking at the wrist watch. As soon as the alarm goes off I know its time to leave whatever I am doing and go pick him up.
This alarm system works particularly well for me when I am expecting guests for lunches or dinners and I need to get things done absolutely on time. My alarm goes off 1 hour before the guests are expected and it is my cue to finish up in the kitchen and go upstairs to get ready myself. Sounds wierd ? Well it works for me.
2. I enrolled for a correspondence course about 4 months back and made the mistake of telling many people about it. And now I realise how difficult it is to stay motivated and study at home and there are times when I wish I hadn't taken it up, but all these family members and friends who know about it keep asking me (with all good intentions) when I will finish the course and get my diploma and there is no way out for me now. And now I hope they don't read this.
3. I love my son's soap bubble gun so much that a few days back when I was tidying up the house after he had gone to school I saw the gun lying in the backyard I could not resist blowing bubbles with it and I admit I had a great time doing it. Initially I kept looking here and there just to make sure than none of my neighbours were watching me but then then I thought "Let them watch if they want to " I was enjoying myself too much to care.
4. My favourite comfort food is my breakfast cereal Kelloggs Special K, which I can eat at any time of the day (or night). I will really miss it when I go back to India. I hope I don't get any withdrawal symptoms.Once or twice I have even eaten it in bed after everybody had gone to sleep and I suddenly had hunger pangs.
5. I hate any kind of Kheers . Just the thought of vermicelli or rice or wheat or sweet potato cooked in rice and in addition dry fruits added to it in abundance makes me sick.
6. Whenever we get a new batch of photographs developed from the lab ,I quickly go thru all the photos before any one else can and remove all those photos of mine which I think are horrible. Once or twice I have even torn a couple of them. I am so touchy about it.
7. I love to eat candy floss and eat it with great pleasure whenever I go to any fun-fair and mind you I don't share it with anyone.
For this meme I'll tag: Nupur, Suganya and Priyanka