Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Zucchini Fritters with a hint of Sage



When Meeta of Whats for Lunch Honey announced the Ingredients for her next Monthly Mingle as Zucchini and Sage I was thrilled because I already knew what I could make. And the best part was that it is a very very simple recipe and tastes great. My son who had never eaten Zucchini till then loved these fritters and he actually asked me to make them again after a week. Now without rambling any further about it I'll get on with the recipe. But before that I'll quickly thank Meeta for this event and choosing these ingredients.

Posted by Picasa
Ingredients :

125 gms Zucchini (or Courgette), 2 medium eggs, 30 gms plain flour, 3 tblspns cheddar cheese, 1tblspn Sage, 1 tspn baking soda, salt and pepper to taste.

Procedure:

1. Grate the zucchini.

2. Beat the eggs. Add the flour , cheese, sage, baking soda and salt and pepper.

3. Mix this egg mixture to the grated Zucchini. Stir well.

4. Shallow fry spoonfuls of this mixture.

Your fritters are ready.

Posted by Picasa
They are great as a starter. Alternatively you can sandwich a fritter between two slices of bread and have it for lunch. Thats what my son did.

Oooh! I almost forgot. I won't be around for a week or so now. Going on a week long holiday to Switzerland.Hope I come back with some great pics to show off.Bye Bye.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had the same idea in mind :-(. So I have to do something other.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting Anupama...... Can it be made without egg???

FH said...

Aaahhh.... Guess what I have in the draft for this entry! YUP!!:)) But it's little different, so I am safe!! Looks good and I know they tastes good too!

Anonymous said...

The fritters look delicious. Thank you for the great lunch idea.. sandwich it will be :)

Pavani said...

Yum.. Zucchini fritters w/ sage sounds interesting. Have a great vacation.

Krithika said...

These look delicious ! Can be used as a burger patti too !Thanks for sharing. Have added you to my blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Looks really yummy! I was looking for some squash recipes. Thanks.

Prema Sundar said...

good one.. can it be done without egg..have a good trip.

Anupama said...

Rooma and Prema, You can substitute the egg with 2 to 3 tblsps of roasted semolina and some water. This will also bind the mixture well.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Hehe! Anu, glad you took part. I was hoping to push you to use Sage. How do you like it? Glad you brought these fritters to the Mingle they look delicious!

Brilynn said...

I just made haddock fritters last night for dinner, these look great!