Friday, April 25, 2008

Announcing The Sandwich Festival 2008

Yes I am finally ready to host my second food event . The last food event I hosted Fun in the Sun was a great hit and I had many of you ask me when I would host the next one. Well it's taken me almost a year to announce the next one but I am very happy to say that it's going to be a celebration of a food item that I love the most.


Yes it's The Sandwich . I love bread and am constantly looking for ideas to make different kinds of sandwich creations. They are great in lunch boxes and perfect food when you are on the go. They are also a healthy option when you are too tired to cook and whatsmore a sandwich is something that even husbands can make on their own without grumbling too much. So would you all like to share your sandwich ideas with me?



Use any kind of bread of your choice (white, wholemeal, granary, oatmeal, best of both, farmhouse, wholemeal baps, soft white rolls, subway rolls ,hotdog rolls or any kind of wraps). All breads are welcome. Let your imagination run wild with the filling be it vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Your sandwich could be toasted or untoasted, open or closed, single,double or triple decker. Be as creative as you can.



Festival is open to Bloggers and Non-bloggers. Send me your entries with photographs by 24th of May 2008 at anupama.puranik@gmail.com . Non-bloggers please do not hesitate to participate. Mail me your entries with or without photographs and each and every entry will be included . Please also include your name, name of your sandwich, your blogname and bloglink. In your posts feel free to use the picture above and link your post to this post on Food-n-More so that more and more people can participate.



I am waiting for your entries. Get slicing!!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice topic for the event

Divya said...

Nice topic ..today only planning to make sandwich ..will surely participate

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Really nice one...

Uma said...

looks like fun. I am in.

Vani said...

That sounds like a fun event!

Tee said...

This will be a fun event...i am always looking for new sandwich recipes too! will definitely send in my recipe.

Bong Mom said...

That is a very nice topic,looking forward to the entries

notyet100 said...

me in.....

Arundathi said...

i'm in. and waiting for the round-up too! :)

zlamushka said...

count me in, sounds like fun. I am hosting an event as well. Mine is dedicated to tasting other blogs.

Swati Raman Garg said...

me too in... hubby dear loves sandwiches...

Ranjani said...

Hey Anupama!

I'm a new blogger, I'd love to participate in this sandwich festival!
It'll be a first:)

Mansi said...

sounds great! if I can't contribute to making a sandwich event, I can't call myself a chef!!:)!:) so I'm all up for it Anupama:)

Anupama said...

Grrrreat!! Feels great to read all the enthusiastic comments from all of you. Can't wait to se your creations now.

Nina Timm said...

Entry is posted, thx for the opportunity.....

Meera said...

count me in. Will soon send my entry

Hetal said...

Nice theme.....i am very new to this blogging field,but will definately try to participate.Would like to c u on my blog..

Raaga said...

Hey Anupama... my entries will reach you shortly. The links will be:
http://chefatwork.blogspot.com/2008/05/pizza-style-sandwich.html


http://chefatwork.blogspot.com/2008/05/vegetable-focaccia.html

FH said...

Hi Anupama, came to know about this event by the flood of sandwiches in all the blogs, didn't know about it earlier! I will be posting a sandwich I already posted but will repost at Aroma on Friday, hold on girl!:))
Don't want to miss the deadline this time too!:)

Anonymous said...

Hey..hope u got my entry!

FH said...

Here is mine, just sent in the e mail to you.

Muffuletta sandwich with Olive salad.

http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2008/05/gobi-alootamatar-masala-mufuletta.html

Devi Priya said...

Hi I am new blogger around. I would like to participate in the Sandwich festival.

Here is my entry: http://priya-kitchen.blogspot.com/2008/03/recipe-cold-sandwiches-with-vegenaise.html

Thanks
Priya