Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Its An Absolute First For Me !!!! And Its For You Meeta.



Yes guys this is the first time I have iced a cake at home. Believe me I was nervous. I mean I do not have the right kind of instruments needed (like a palette knife to smoothen the icing or even a proper icing bag) and secondly I had bought so many precious ingredients that I would have been devastated had something gone wrong. But thankfully what came out of it was a cake worth photographing. I am really enthusiastic to do another one now.

This one is for you Meeta for your Big Birthday Bang
Have a Great Birthday!!!


The cake is an eggless version and I followed the recipe for the cake and the vanilla butter icing from my favourite site www.tarladalal.com . If you guys have any good recipes for eggless cakes too I would love to have them.


**********************************************************************


12 comments:

Vini K said...

Hi Anupama,great looking cake inspite of you not having all the "right stuff":)I have a version of eggless chocolate cake in my blog.Take a look when you have the time!:)

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Anu! I am so touched. Thanks for this wonderful honor. Huge hug for you!

Coffee said...

I am drooooooooooling!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful work!! :)

Padmaja said...

Thats pretty amazing anupama!!It looks so tempting!!
and i love that subtle color of that icing!!!

Sreelu said...

Anupama,

Amazing for a first timers, looks great, love the icing color

ushaprashanth said...

Hi Anupama!
Great cake! and i like the icing color.....

TheCooker said...

Gorgeous! Doesn't looks like a first attempt.
Love the pink colour.

Mandira said...

wow, looks beautiful! i love the color or the icing!

Swapna said...

Lovely cake anupama

Nabeela said...

wow, that is a beautiful cake...how did you do the icing if you didn't have a piping bag?

Anupama said...

Nabeela what I did was make a hole in the corner of a plastic bag (the ziploc kind) and put a nozzle in it. Then filled it up with the icing and got started. It works pretty well though its a bit messy.

Nabeela said...

That's innovative of you to use a nozzle with a plastic bag Anupama...good work!