Oh God ! I have probably missed this event. But Vaishali being the kind soul that she is will consider my late entry and let me be part of this event. I even got a book from the library which has 100 recipes only with potato as the main ingredient. I have had it now for 3 weeks but I managed to open it only today . There are some really scrumptious recipes in there, but the one which appealed to me is this simple one of Hash Browns which I just love to eat. Till now I had eaten only the store bought variety which are good no doubt , but today I made them at home for the first time and they were delicious. Do try them out and have them as part of a typical english breakfast or just as a tea-time snack . Anyway you eat it they are yummy. Now without any further delay I'll get down to the recipe.
2 large potatoes (peeled, par-boiled and grated)
3 tblspns oil,
1 small onion finely chopped,
salt and pepper to season,
dried parsley or fresh chopped chives to garnish.
What I did with all these:
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom frying pan. When the pan is very hot spread the grated potatoes evenly into the pan. Press the potatoes down gently.
2.Spread the chopped onion evenly over the potatoes and cook over a medium heat.
3. Season generously with salt and pepper,
4. When the potatoes are browned from underneath make sections by cutting through with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
5. Turn over the hash in sections and cook again until the other side gets crispy and brown too.
6. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and serve hot with loads of tomato ketchup.
Well thats all there is to it. Easy ,isn't it? And that below is the book from which I followed the recipe.