Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Token of Appreciation from UKTV Food


Hi Friends! Are you wondering why I have posted a pic of a shopping bag here? Well let me explain. Its no big deal but its something that has given me a nice feeling in my heart and I do wish to share it with all of you.
UKTV Food (my Favourite TV Channel) is currently hosting a show called THE PEOPLE'S COOKBOOK for which they have asked people to send in recipes . These will ofcourse be short-listed and and some will be selected. The selected participants will then be invited to the studios on the show ,where the celebrity chefs Anthony Worall Thompson and Paul Rankin will cook these recipes with a little guidance from the participants themselves . A panel of 5 judges taste the dishes there and then and give their verdict. Those recipes selected make a grand entry into the THE PEOPLE'S COOKBOOK.
The selection will be complete by the end of March. I sent them a couple of recipes (which have not yet been selected) and as a token of appreciation from them I recieved this jute shopping bag with their logo on it. It's a very small thing but the gesture on their part has thrilled me no end.
Now I do have a request to make to all of you. I need you to comment on the recipes that I have posted on UKTV Food. Your comments will be read by the judges and these will help the judges understand the recipe and it's origins better. So please post your comments.
What you need to do is simple. Log on to www.uktvfood.co.uk Go to People's Cookbook, then click on Your Recipes and under the letter "S" you will find my first recipe which is Sweet Semolina with a Touch of Saffron and the second one you will find under "A" as Aaloo Methi Fry.

Thank you all . I 'll let you know if my recipes getting selected.

8 comments:

Vaishali said...

Sure, Anupama. Will love to comment on your entries to UKTV food. And hey, that's a nice bag.

Seema Bhat said...

Congrats Anupama and I surely know how it fees to get such gesture of appreciations. Will surely go to UKTV and comment. Good Luck gal.

Anonymous said...

Thats a great deal of a news, I do have friends who love to be a part of this.Thanx a lot for the link.Meanwhile lemme Congratulate you!! Thats quite a cute piece of appreciation!!Cheers.Emmie

Sumitha said...

Anu this is great,such a pretty bag!I went to the site and to comment it asks me to log in,I shall do it very soon.That dish sure is simple yet very delicious and anyone can try them!

Sumitha said...

Anu yes i did it Phew!it took some time,my first comment by mistake went to Anthony Worral Thompson!Oops!

Chandrika said...

Anupama,that's great news! I will surely add my comments.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Anupama! How exciting -- if that aloo methi fry isn't selected I'd like to know the reason! It looks absolutely scrumptious!

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I am crossing my fingers for you girl. I hope you get to visit the show and then tell us all about it.