Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My Postcard Entry for Meeta's Postcard Blogging Event

First of all thank-you Meeta for hosting this very novel non-food Event. I love posting real cards and letters to people in this age when everything is vitual and electronic. Infact back home in India I used to make my own greeting cards for Diwali and New Year and they were always highly appreciated by the recipients.I think it will never go out of fashion.

OK this is the postcard I chose to send for Meeta's BPW Event. Its one of my favorites. It depicts in a very humorous way the typical english weather. The postcard speaks for itself soI won't ramble on and on about it. It shows the two things that Britain is famous for: Firstly the British Sense of Humour and secondly the English weather which the english people love to talk about.
I am sure the person I am sending it to will like it too.

12 comments:

Shammi said...

Hi Anupama!

I see you're a fellow UK resident :) Where in the UK do you live?

Meeta's BPW event is such a great idea to get to see many new food blogs (that's how I came to yours!)

Sumitha said...

Anu I have blogged mine too,isnt this so much fun!Cant one to receive one;)

Ashwini said...

Thats one super witty British postcard

Vaishali said...

Hahahaha...so British...so witty. I hope I am the recipient. ;-)

Unknown said...

I love ur postcard. Wonder who the recepient is.......

Anonymous said...

That's a really terrific postcard. I love the anticipation of this event.
But, you know, I still find a comment on my blog a thrill also.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love your card!

Paz

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, home sweet home!!
:-)

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love that postcard! How I'd love to be the recipient of that card - I'd tack it to the wall in full view of my manager (who hails from England), who is always making jokes about English vs. Aussie weather!

Sally said...

What a great card! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great postcard!