Come summer and my mind goes into the "Quick Recipes Mode" or the QRM as I like to call it. I mean it's simpy impossible to toil over the hob for hours at a stretch to cook elaborate meals . And the weather in UK being so kind for once , you just have to make the most of it and spend time outdoors as much as possible rather than in the kitchen.
So currently I am constantly on the look out for recipes requiring minimum time but with no compromise on taste and full flavour. As you must have derived by now from my previous posts I fancy all kings of wraps. I just love making wraps. They are quick and easy to make , delicious and a single wrap can hold the nutrition of an entire balanced meal. And most important of all is that in my family all three of us like them just as much. So everybody is happy.
Yesterday I made these chapati and egg wraps for my lunch and they tasted so good I just have to share them with all of you.
What you need is:
- 2 chapatis (homemade or readymade store bought)
- 2 eggs
- 1 spring onion finely chopped,
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet corn kernels,
- 2 mushrooms finely chopped (I used chestnut mushrooms),
- 1 tblspn grated cheese,
- salt and pepper to season (you can replace pepper with chilly powder too),
- Oil to cook
In a pan heat the oil and gently saute the spring onions , mushrooms and corn for a few minutes.
- Crack the 2 eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly.
- To the eggs add the sauteed spring onions ,mushrooms and corn.
- Add the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the mixture gently together and make 2 omelettes .
- After the omelettes have cooled a bit lay out one omelette on each chapati , dot it with your favourite sauce, and roll up tightly.
- Cut each roll diagonally into two pieces .
Your lunch is ready. These are awesome also in a lunch box or to carry on a picnic. Enjoy with a salad accompaniment or a glass of juice.