Weekend mornings you would normally see some kind of bready-eggy preparation on my breakfast table. Anything with eggs is fast to make, nutritious and well liked by all of us. In fact when I see the amount of eggs my family eats I sometimes feel it would be a good idea to open a poultry farm. So when I saw that I was out of eggs last week I knew I had to come up with something really interesting for breakfast. So instead of scrambled eggs I made scrambled mushrooms (if you can call it that) on toast. I tried it for the first time and fortunately it was a well recieved by the husband and the son. Its the simplest thing in the world to make and very very tasty.
What you need:
10 to 12 mushrooms (wiped or washed clean and chopped )
1 medium onion,
3/4 cup sweet corn,
1 green chilly deseeded and chopped fine,
1/4 cup finely chopped spring onion,
oil for cooking,
a few drops of lemon juice,
1/2 tspn pav bhaji masala
salt to taste,
cheese as garnish.
What to do:
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion and chilly till onion is nice golden brown,
- Add the mushrooms and saute till mushrooms lose all their moisture and are completely dry,
- Add now the corn, pav-bhaji masala, salt, and stir thoroughly,
- Cook this for a couple of minutes. Just before switching off the heat sprinkle the spring onions and add the lemon juice.For serving toast a couple of slices of bread and butter the toast. I cut the slices into round shapes.
- For a christmas breakfast you could cut out the bread into christmassy shapes with different cookie cutters. Top the toast with the mushrooms and garnish with grated cheese.
- Serve hot and crispy.
- This is my second entry to Nandita's WBB8 Christmas Breakfast Special. I hope you like it Nandita.