Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday Tip of the Week No3


Hallo people! I am back and this time it is Cool Minty Cubes I have for you. I made these mint cubes for a drinks party at home last week and they were well apprecaited, so I had to share them with you. I just put one leaf of fresh mint in each of the ice tray pockets and then filled the tray with water. These cubes look particularly pretty when put in fresh lemonade. Just put one or two cubes per glass , so that when they melt there is only one or max two mint leaves at the bottom of the glass. Lemonade with a touch of minty fragrance is very refreshing. With carbonated drinks they go well with Sprite and Bacardi Lemon Breezers.

I also made a few cubes with coke . I hate it when my coke becomes all watery due to the ice. And coke cubes solved the problem.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anu, your ice cubes look so beautiful. Thanks for the tip :).

Revathi said...

I dont know what to do with all the mint - and now i know. Thanks for this wonderful tip !! Vielen Dank !!

Vaishali said...

Anupama,
I knew about such ice cubes, and often make them with watermelon pieces or kiwi pieces in the centre.
However, your idea of coke cubes rocks. It is just fundoo. :) Thank you so much for sharing it.

Surya Hith said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice idea.The ice cubes looks so good.I am going to try this now itself!!

Anonymous said...

I think I now have a use for all that mint growing in the garden. Thank you!

Sumitha said...

Lovely looking cubes with a tint of green!

Anonymous said...

wow..looks really great..What a creative idea,Anupama..you really needs apreciation for this..Also those round shapes are soo perfect

Shammi said...

The coke ice idea is brilliant! :) Your mint cubes look like marbles... very nice!

Anna (Morsels and Musings) said...

i have the same ikea ice cube tray!! same colour too! i also have the star and heart shape ones so i made some passionfruit stars. yummy!

Anupama said...

Thank you all of you for appreciating my tip. My mind is already spinning to come up with the next one.

Neelu said...

what a nice idea :)

Anonymous said...

SWEET !!!!
Very ingenious !! Good one there.

Cheers,
Mythili